You had me at bacon ice cream!
Bacon Maple Ice Cream Recipe | Posted on Food.com
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Enjoy the last of the warm weather with this fun bacon maple ice cream recipe!
- 8 slices of maple bacon
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Maple Ice Cream
- 2 cups of half-and-half cream
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of vanilla sugar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of maple flavoring (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix 1 tablespoon of syrup and 1/4 cup of brown sugar to form paste
- Lay the bacon out on a cooling rack on a lined sheet (lining the sheet pan will save you some nasty clean up)
- Spread the past on one side of the bacon and bake for 10 minutes
- Pull out bacon and turn each slice over. Spread the past on the other side of the bacon and place back in oven for another 10 minutes
- Let bacon cool completely and then chop into small pieces.
Maple Ice Cream
- Combine all the ice cream ingredients except the bacon in a medium sauce pan and heat to 170 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cool completely before adding to your ice cream maker
- Follow the directions on your ice cream maker, the basics are as follows
- make sure your machine has been in the freezer for 24 hours and that the mix is chilled completely
- add the mixture to the machine while it’s running
- wait until the ice cream is at a soft serve consistency before adding the bacon pieces
- put the ice cream in an airtight container and put in the freezer for a few hours before enjoying
- Don’t have an ice cream maker? Not a problem!
- Transfer the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe bowl or container, cover tightly with plastic wrap, foil or an airtight cover.
- Place container in the freezer for 2 hours. Remove from freezer and beat with a hand mixer to break up ice crystals that begin to form. Cover and place back in the freezer.
- Freeze for 2 more hours, remove and beat with hand mixer again. Ice cream should be thick but to soft to scoop (if it is not think enough, return to freezer, beat again before mixing in bacon).
- Once the ice cream is to the desired thickness, stir in bacon pieces until well distributed through out the ice cream.
- Pour ice cream into a plastic airtight freezer container. Allow at least 1/2 inch for expansion.
- Cover and place into freezer, allowing the ice cream to freeze until firm.
- Scoop and enjoy!